Beyond Kerbal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 58 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm
Latest topics
» Heavy GM - Battleships Forever
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:13 pm by Cthulufaic

» Solaulieas Empire
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm by Solaulieas

» Deep Mine
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm by Solaulieas

» Shipbuilder Point System
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:37 pm by Ninja possum32

» New RP
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 am by Ninja possum32

» Trenity Investigation Group (TIG)
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 am by Solaulieas

» [Event] A Huge Step For Maruma
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 pm by Ninja possum32

» [Event] Molten Artifacts
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 pm by Ninja possum32

» Izdanistan Economy
Planet and Colonization System Reform EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:15 pm by Solaulieas

Planet and Colonization System Reform

3 posters

Go down

Planet and Colonization System Reform Empty Planet and Colonization System Reform

Post  Misterspork Tue May 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Empire home system creation:

Essentially, there will be twice as many uncolonized systems as there are colonized.

Administrator's job:
Assign planet count, moon count, radius, and orbital parameters to every planet

Player's job:
Pick planet "class"(described below) for every planet in system
STAY BY SCIENTIFIC REASON

This makes the system much simpler, especially for the players. The only drawback is you cannot decide how many and how large your planets/moons are.

Administrators will use a few equations/guidelines for system creation:
Spoiler:

Colonization and Income:
No longer is it a set income for planets and moons, rather it is based off a few equations related to the surface area equation. It also costs money and time to colonize, along with the movement cost to actually get to the planet

Gas giants do not directly count for this, rather their moons are what count. I suppose a "gas mining operation" can be set up, but it is not considered colonization by us.

The equations:
Spoiler:
NOTE: Quonos Planets have a 20x Bonus due to their rarity.
The above equations apply differently to moons
Rather than apply it to each individually, the average diameter of colonizable moons is plugged into the equations above, then multiplied by moon count.

We are also increasing the number of moves per day to 10, to make travel more feasible and the math simpler.

Planetary Class System:

Surface Condition Class:
Spoiler:

Size Class:
Spoiler:

Position/orbital class:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Misterspork on Sun May 13, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Misterspork
Misterspork

Back to top Go down

Planet and Colonization System Reform Empty Is this okay?

Post  Grove Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 am

Is this being considered?:
Is it? I need a response! Smile

Last edited by Grove on Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edits of small minority)
Grove
Grove

Back to top Go down

Planet and Colonization System Reform Empty Re: Planet and Colonization System Reform

Post  Kryten Wed May 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Will I have to redo my system with this? Now I mean, I know I'd have to when the practice is over.
Kryten
Kryten

Back to top Go down

Planet and Colonization System Reform Empty Re: Planet and Colonization System Reform

Post  Misterspork Wed May 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Grove wrote:
It is mostly fine, except for two things

1. An eccentric orbit for a habitable planet would make it variable, not a fixed level.

2. We are probably not going to allow you to pick planet count/moon count. Basically, the admins pick how many and how large they are, and you pick class/orbit.
Misterspork
Misterspork

Back to top Go down

Post  Grove Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

Misterspork wrote:
Grove wrote:
It is mostly fine, except for two things

1. An eccentric orbit for a habitable planet would make it variable, not a fixed level.

2. We are probably not going to allow you to pick planet count/moon count. Basically, the admins pick how many and how large they are, and you pick class/orbit.
That's okay, but I know that it would be variable, as there is no fixed class.
Grove
Grove

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down